Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Lord Mayor's Show - just for me












The Lord Mayor's Show was an amazing parade of all sorts. Soldiers, bands, floats from schools and colleges, different country representatives, animal charities, old vehicles, new vehicles, armed forces, old and new, young and not-so. And Worshipful Companies of ... basket-makers, paviors, farmers, you name it, they had someone dressed in their livery. I need to look that up as I'm not sure what it all means. The parade also contained lots of aldermen in carriages, many waving hand puppets - to amuse the children apparently. (Oh, I just finished my packet of Maltesers without noticing.) These photos just give you a little glimpse; it took about an hour for the parade to pass and that was without stopping. You would be incredibly bored if I showed you all my photos!

xx

4 comments:

Helen said...

Parades are fun. We need more parades over here, too bad a permit is required unless you're in New Orleans...

Shades said...

My mum goes to the Lord Mayors' Parade, she keeps trying to lure us down.

jmb said...

Dogs too, a fine parade indeed. London Town sure put on a fine show for your weekend.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Of course it was just for you, Liz!