Monday, July 31, 2006

Rant of the day


I've just been to town to buy a bathing-costume.

I admit it's late in the season to be looking for one but I don't think it would have made any difference if I had gone in May.

Just because someone chooses not to wear a bikini why do swimwear designers assume that person is so fat and/or devoid of taste that she will only want black or the most garish pattern the designer can come up with?

I opted for black and grumbling a lot. Such a lot that I forgot to go and pay in cheques at the bank, which was one of my main reasons for going to town. I also forgot to go to the vet's for Harvey's tablets. And it rained on my washing. Again.

Apart from that everything is fine and dandy.

2 comments:

MaryB said...

Amen, Sister - you're preachin' to the choir.

Unfortunately, the best suits aren't found in a store but in the Land's End catalog (www.landsend.com) - lots of stuff that covers up the necessary parts without looking ridiculous. Wish real, live stores had the same variety. (Maybe you can order from Land's End for next year??)

Liz Hinds said...

Will look up Land's End now!