Sunday, April 23, 2006

A lovely weekend


In Devon with daughter, son-in-law and grand-pets.

We - Holly most of all I think - enjoyed a lovely walk on Dartmoor. She went for her first swim and is a natural. Very appropriately, she swims like a girl, carefully keeping her head out of the water and flapping her paws. Very lovely and entertaining.

Husband and I enjoyed a Devon cream tea too. And on Friday night we went out for what was probably the best meal we've had out for years. If you are in the north Exeter region, make sure you visit Jack in the Green. Everything about the meal was absolutely superb. We all agreed including veggie daughter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo - so pleased you've had a wonderful time together.

Chris said...

Hi Liz - what a gorgous photo; I thought you mentioned in a post at some time that you are middle-aged? What a little fibber you are!!

Can't read verification; looks a bit like 'tarts' but the a & the r overlap so it could be torts. Well here goes. No it's not 'tarts' it's yxxbluhd, so there

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, Chris and Shirl. I promise you I am truly middle-aged: the photo is a result of distance and dappled lighting!

My verification 'mwdkbhbo' means flattering in the language of a long-lost African tribe.

Anonymous said...

drhyr = the way parents used to spell 'the runs' when I was teaching - nothing to do with this magnificent photo!

Shirley said...

That photo is FAB! You both look so good in it,my word verification is so long I may have to type the entire alphabet!

Chris said...

Yeah - this word verification thing is starting to be fun. I'm really disappointed when its something boring and I can't make anything out of it. Do you think that one day we could all compile a verification dictionary and become rich and famous?