Monday, January 09, 2006

The West Wing

We've just watched the first four episodes of Season 6 of West Wing. Well, I didn't expect that. Can't say any more but, phew. Momentous.

When we visit the in-laws, mother-i-l has the sheets off our bed and in the washing machine before we leave; January 9th and I am still washing bedclothes from the Christmas hols. I hate ironing; have I mentioned that? The ironing board is never quite the shape you want it to be for any given item. Perhaps we need a shape-changer board, like a chameleon only different. Gosh, the inventive ideas are just flowing this week. Yesterday it was the dying-out of dinosaurs; today it's changing the face of domesticity as we know it.

And why do items that say they are non-iron always need ironing? I was talking to a man who irons his own shirts and he was extolling the virtues of M&S shirts. I grumbled that non-iron still need ironing and he said, 'Oh, yes, they have to be ironed but all they need is a quick press-over.' But surely that's what ironing is? I hate ironing, mutter, mutter.

Spellchecka wanted to change bedclothes to bedazzled. I like its style.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Calm down Liz! I've just checked your blog after a few days absence and I simply don't have time to read everything. One a day Liz - there's your target!

Anna said...

Was that Steve? I hate ironing too. The trick is to put wet things on hangers = crease-free clothing! Well, close enough for me.

jodes da princess said...

I am definately a fan of the hanger-ironing method. I also follow the observable-ironing school of thought started by my mother. If somethings purpose is to be laid upon (I.E. sheets) or can be worn under something (I.E. a shirt worn under a jumper) or is meant to be worn in a casual setting (I. E. everything else) then it is not worth ironing, as no one will see it.

My nan was a house keeper for a very posh family who insisted on having their shoe laces ironed. some people have too much time and money