Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Welly wet

I have two right wellies and one left one. There is a hole in my left welly. It is annoying that you never discover holes in wellies until you are ankle-deep in mud.

The good thing about Linden people is that you can phone someone up, ask them to do something quite bizarre and they say, 'yes, okay.' Unless it's Alun. He will say, 'yes, okay but that makes it twenty-seven cups of tea you owe me.' He is keeping a record of cups of tea made in the office. He is winning 4-1 (since the New Year). We shared the making twice today. He took over when I was making it so I took over when he was making it. He tried to claim that just pouring the water in the pot didn't count as an equal share but it did.

Now Em and Cath have left the office and Angelo never gets out of bed it's mostly down to us.

I met a man yesterday who said his wife believes there are fairies at the bottom of their garden. Life in the bookshop would be very boring were it not for the visiting loonies. Is that p.c.? Perhaps eccentrics would be a better word.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Liz where is the bookshop that you work in? I'd like to come and bully you in an environment where you can't answer me back!

Liz Hinds said...

What makes you think I couldn't answer you back?