Thursday, January 12, 2006

Talking to myself

I wonder if I am talking to myself too much. Yes, I know you listen to me, Harvs, but not everyone would understand that. Perhaps I should speak more quietly or without moving my lips. The trouble is that when you're walking you need something to keep your brain occupied. Like preparing sentences. It's always good to have a stock of some you made earlier ready for emergencies, and, although I haven't had call to use it yet, I am sure that, 'Unhand me, you blackguard,' will come in useful should I ever come across a blackguard.

And some things it's good to hear out loud. They sound different out in the air than they do in your head. Which reminds me, I was doing some upside down bicycling before I went out and it made my ears go funny, the way they do when you feel as if you're on another planet; they're still like it now. And no matter how much I stretch my mouth, it doesn't make any difference.

2 comments:

Anna said...

You should sell all these unwanted sentences, or maybe start a helpline for people who are lost for words? They could call an emergency number and you could supply a ready-made sentence for them. You would need to create a database first, filed under subject ('B' for blackguard, 'C' for contractions, 'D' for denotion). And all your walks with Harvey would turn into a business opportunity.

MaryB said...

I talk to myself because I'm usually the only one who really understands what I'm trying to say. :-)