Thursday, January 26, 2006

Gold star

Julian was very pleased with me in Thrive last night: I was pushing myself. I certainly was. By the time I finished my ears were whistling. Which would have been all right if they hadn't been whistling 'Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.' Heaven felt a few inches closer than I'd like just now.

Stephen Fry was researching his family history last night. The first scenes showed him in his house in a book-lined room. It was just as you would expect for Stephen Fry.

Books I recommend:
The Kite Runner (but not to be read if you're feeling at all depressed; I would not want to be responsible for your suicide);
Life of Pi;
One for the Money (and the rest of the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich, laugh-out-loud funny);
The High Flyer;
The Heartbreaker (last two both by Susan Howatch);
for a totally frothy and silly read - anything by Katie Fforde.
My favourite book of all times that I can pick up and read again at any time is Brother of the More Famous Jack, mainly because I fell in love with one of the characters.

3 comments:

Tim said...

The cake is awesome so if you do care to pop round I'll treat you with a very small slice!

I'm particularly proud because I made it without scales - felt very gordon ramsey swearing at the eggs!

Liz Hinds said...

Keep me some for this afternoon! I'll bring the doiley.

Anonymous said...

Re Stephen Fry's booklined home - we now know he's not had an interior designer in. On the various home makeover tv progs (bad days = Sky tv), the designer never places books in the new super dooper does-anyone-really-live-here rooms. I could not live without books.