Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Green fingered?

Not me. I have had my poinsettia less than a week and it's already dying. That must be a record even for me. I haven't given up hope though. I've given it a nice long drink and I'm playing Classic FM to it in the hope that it will think, with such beautiful music in the world, life must be worth living.

Bad decision of 2005: buying a new suite in cream. I shall have to make sure the room is always lit by candles so no-one will notice the beetroot stain. And the general state of ground-in dirt. It would help if Harvey didn't rub his head on the side of the arm when he gets an itch.

Shh, don't tell him but his Christmas present arrived today. It's a new (whisper) bed. I don't know why I'm whispering; he doesn't hear me when I'm standing next to him talking to him these days.

Number one son is in Spain looking forward to Austrian mulled wine and mince pies. How cosmopolitan my family is!

Part of the purpose of last week's visit to the in-laws was to exchange gifts. All fine and dandy except we brought home a gift from one sister-in-law intended for the other sister-in-law. And it's about the size and weight of a small kennel.

Spellchecka recognised poinsettia but couldn't cope with beetroot.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Let's be honest, it's only no.1 son who is cosmopolitan. The rest of us doddle along thinking about sofas and killing houseplants...