Monday, October 19, 2020

Now I know how cyclists feel

A beautiful morning for a scoot along the prom.


I'm trying to build up distance gradually. My hip ached on Saturday but that may have been because of the cycling in the gym the day before. But I want to get my body used to it before tackling huge distances - by which I mean to Verdi's and back.

Things I've learned.
1) I am a left-footed scoot-er. On empty stretches I am practising with my right foot but I seem to have less control so I wobble about. But I need to be ambilegstrous otherwise I will have one leg stronger than the other and walk in circles all day.
2) People aren't very fond of scoot-ers. My smiles/hellos received very little response (except from older gentlemen?) so I assume scoot-ers are put in the same category as cyclists. 
3) I should have waited until after scooting to shower.

I was happy though, scooting along with a big grin on my face. (Maybe that's why the walkers avoided me ...)


6 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Perfect! You go woman!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Maybe you should put a little bike bell on the scooter's handlebars so people can hear you coming up behind you. I hate it too when cyclists/scooters come up behind me with no warning.

pam nash said...

You keep on scootin' and know you are exercising and those others are not!

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks. Marie.

Yes, a bell! Or big tooty horn! I wouldn't have minded, Debra, but the prom is sectioned for walkers and things on wheels, so i was on the right bit and keeping well away from everyone.

Absolutely, Pam.

Ole Phat Stu said...

Since you are learning Welsh,Liz, practice saying Skgwter ;-)

PipeTobacco said...

Scootering is fun, but one leg does get the brunt of the workout. ☺️
PipeTobacco