Thursday, October 22, 2020

The advantage of being old

I was sitting in the car when I noticed a pretty pink plant growing from the wall. I hadn't seen one like it before and didn't know what it was, so got out of the car to have a closer look.

It was a few scraps of material caught on a twig.

A much under-valued and rarely-mentioned advantage of ageing: you see beauty in all things.


And my age is probably the reason why I'm so excited about a new plunger as well. That and my new measuring jug that has quantities on the side that I can read, as opposed to the old jugs which I can only read in very good light and at the right angle.

And I haven't told you about my new food processor either! I have told you that Husband is quite obsessed with this online auction site he found, and after I'd tried sticking my old processor together with duct tape, he decided to see what he could find.

Now of course I have the problem of finding somewhere to store it - which will mean getting rid of my old and much treasured one. But not until I've tried the new one and made sure it works to my satisfaction.

* * * * * * *

In writing news my new website is live! And in an attempt to make my self-published books look more professional I've created my own publishing company. It's called George Publishing and here's the logo.






6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I understand your excitement. I myself just bought a new toilet brush yesterday. Congrats on your George Publishing logo -- it's great!

Tasker Dunham said...

With that plunger I'd be walking around straight away going "exterminate exterminate" like one of Dr. Who's Daleks.

Liz Hinds said...

A new toilet brush? Wow! Is it fancy or simple, Debra? Thanks on the logo.

It is a bit like that, Tasker.

PipeTobacco said...

Liz:

I really like your publishing logo!

Your new website also is looking quite nice!!!!

A question.... on your books page, you mentioned not having success with a publisher.... and that moved you into self publishing. I was just wondering though.... I hope you do still continue to submit your work to publishing houses..... eventually one may grab onto your work. Many authors have had to suffer multitudes of initial rejections before getting success with a publisher.

PipeTobacco

Marie Smith said...

The logo is great. Love it.

pam nash said...

It's the every day things that make life work smoother. Nice name - nice logo.