Saturday, May 23, 2020

Success!

Normally when I 'invent' a curry it doesn't work out too well but tonight's efforts did!
On the left chicken and baby corn peanut red Thai curry, and on the right orange rot vegetables in coconut milk curry. Both really tasty, probably because I used pastes rich in oil rather than my one calorie spray-light oil and spices.

I was using up food in the fridge; we have a delivery tomorrow and we're much at rock bottom. I figured peanut butter was almost the same as coconut milk - which I'd already used for the veggie one. Only thing missing was something green. My children find it funny that I always insist on dishing up broccoli with curry but a well-balanced meal includes lots of colours.

5 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I haven’t made curry in a while. Great idea for something new to the menu.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

And yet I don't see any broccoli on that plate?

Liz Hinds said...

No, we didn't have any, Debra. Leftovers tonight WITH broccoli (now the food delivery has arrived).

Polly said...

mmm they do look good, particularly the "rot" vegetable one :-) x

pam nash said...

I think the same thing - a colorful meal is best!