Saturday, May 23, 2020

Horsey poo and rhubarb cake

Things you don't expect to say when doing a jigsaw:
where's the bit of horsey poo?;
does a seal appear in one of Shakespeare's plays?

(It turned out to be a horse not a seal by the way.)

Took George over the tip this morning on my own as Husband was feeling a bit ropey. The wild roses have started to bloom.
I'm feeling more upbeat today. Yesterday I was meurh. Even doing my jigsaw didn't relieve it. A good bounce on the trampoline and cooking a rhubarb crumble cake helped in the end.

Also yesterday though I was feeling meurh in spirit I felt good about my body. So good I posted a photo of myself on facebook to remind me when I'm feeling less body positive - most of the time - that I like the tanned and blonde me!
And did I tell you we had out first dip of the year in the pool? Mine was a pretty quick in and out but Husband stayed in a bit longer and swam a bit more.


Right, I'm going to go and invent a curry now. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

That warm! We're back to being blown sideways again, just in time for the horse chestnut blossom to swirl everywhere.
Hope you're both feeling much better tomorrow.

Marie Smith said...

You sound much more upbeat today! Great photo too.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You and your husband are a very attractive couple!

Polly said...

You look good Liz, very slim and tanned. I agree with Debra.

Cop Car said...

Nice pinup photo, Liz.