Friday, December 14, 2018

Another brilliant idea on its way to the dustbin of bad ideas

Out walking with George I had a brilliant idea.

I always imagine that Husband groans when I say this; these days even I am starting to groan when I say it.

Anyway, I saw these dead flower-heads
and thought, 'If I sprayed those they'd make a nice decoration.'

As always seems to be the case the thought in my head looked better than the reality:
We'll see. They may look better when mixed in with some greenery. 

It's not as if I don't have enough to do at the moment. Younger Son and family are moving this weekend so I'm helping by sorting out stuff, taking it to charity shops and baby-minding. 

Does anyone else find they come out of charity shops having bought more than they donated?

Today for lunch I had a banana, two chilli beetroot and an indeterminate number of Cadburys chocolate eclairs. 

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My sister says my taste in homemade crafts runs to "pinecones with shit glued on them" so I'm not really qualified to comment on your own artsy ideas.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

My current plans for Christmas decorations rather run to a candle and some hoovering if we're lucky.

Anonymous said...

I would have thought the same thing seeing those 'weeds' or whatever they are.
I would also have spray painted them white and then mixed them with greenery and perhaps some red berries! and then all of it in a pretty blue and white china container. I bet they'll be beautiful! do show us the completed picture!
have a great weekend dear bean. :D

Liz Hinds said...

A woman after my own heart, Debra! You I mean not your sister.

I'm beginning to feel like that too, Sonata, but hope it passes with happy memories for you and not too sad.

I will, Tammy, when i get round to the next step!

Anonymous said...

Liz--Your gatherings are gorgeous without being sprayed; however, I understand that you wish them to contribute to the picture that is in your mind. Your lunch sounds intriguing.
Cop Car
P.S. I thought that only I had brilliant ideas. It's good to see that I'm not alone!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I volunteer in a charity shop 3 times a week. . It must be you Liz, as I can go weeks without buying anything . I did just buy a few winter jumpers but that is all because I lost a box of Winter clothes in between all the moving in the last two years.. And that is it.