Monday, May 23, 2011

George is on a high

Every morning, as well as my happy pill, I take a variety of supplements: glucosamine and cod liver oil for the joints, evening primrose for female stuff (I can't remember exactly what), ginseng for energy (I think) and gingko biloba to help me remember to take them. But it doesn't always work.

This morning for instance I forgot so got them out at lunchtime but because there was already milk in my cup decided to drink my tea first and then take my pills. But I forgot again and left the pills on the work surface where they remained until at some point George decided they may be edible. He spat out the ginseng, ignored the glucosamine and gingko but ate the capsules of oil - naturally - and, apparently, my happy pill.

I just hope he doesn't wake us all up singing and dancing in the middle of the night.

3 comments:

Gledwood said...

In America they give doggie Prozac... If a human dose is 20mg I'd imagine most doggies would take 5mg per day...

I've heard animals can suffer from depression, but I've never seen a bipolar pet. Do you think dogs and cats ever go manic? My cat used to get very excitable when it was windy or a thunder storm was on the way...

Rose said...

Lol, George may be looking for your pills every day now:) I remember when Sophie was a puppy and chewing everything in sight, she got ahold of my bottle of estrogen one day. Fortunately, I found most of the pills on the floor, but I did notice she was attracted to anything pink that day:)

Congratulations on finishing your novel! No matter what happens from this point on, you should be very proud of this accomplishment.

Liz Hinds said...

Harvey used react to the full moon, gleds, but George is too lazy to be very bothered.

It's scary what puppies - and grown dogs - will eat, rose!