Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First submission - or not

I feel physically sick.

I have just emailed my novel to an agent (one of the few that accepts, requests even, email submissions). It still needs lots of work but the first three chapters have been written and edited to death so they're going now.

And when I entered it into my online diary I discovered that it has, in fact, already been turned down by the one agent I approached ...

However, on the plus side, the publisher I sent the first three chapters to last year wanted to see the finished manuscript so I shall hang on to that.

And that sicky feeling could just be connected with the excess chocolate I ate while making fairy cakes for Zac's this evening ...

I'm going to plant some plants now. Fresh air and exercise that's what I need.



4 comments:

Suburbia said...

good luck, everything crossed for you :-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yes, good luck from Sicily. Keep us posted!

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, sub and welshcakes! I'll certainly be keeping you posted - you know me: if it happens or not, I blog about it. Sometimes I think I tell too much ...

Furtheron said...

Good luck.... what was it my Dad used to say "If at first you don't succeed - give up"... that might be what my Dad said and sadly too often followed by yours truly - I trust you are a) more successful and b) don't listen to that "advice"