Friday, November 12, 2010

Food, glorious food

Wednesday evening Girlfriend cooked a lovely meal of stuffed rolled chicken and roast vegetables for us, followed by fresh pomegranates. I'd never had pomegranate before but Husband regaled us with tales of when he 'were a lad' and his mother would give him a pomegranate and a pin. It would keep him quiet for hours.

And so he insisted we should use pins.

It was quite nice but probably not worth the effort. Apparently you can buy packs of ready-seeded pomegranates so I think, should I decide to tackle a Nigella recipe - and she is very fond of throwing on pomegranate seeds - I'll buy those.

Then last night in Devon Daughter cooked us a special pre-birthday meal: haddock with a creamy leek sauce and lovely perfectly cooked vegetables. Followed by home-made sticky toffee pudding.

Tonight, for my birthday meal, Husband, Younger Son, Girlfriend and I are going to Out of the Blue, a new seafood restaurant in Mumbles.

I could get used to this life.

But I probably won't weigh next week!!

(Especially as I'm sitting here munching my way through a box of Thornton's mint chocolates, given to me by Janet.)

3 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Cannot believe you have never eaten Pomegranate before .. Loved them then and love them now .. ready seeded not quite the same ..

Katney said...

A birthday! Well, happy birthday!!!!

CherryPie said...

I wish you a belated Happy Birthday :-)