Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Persephone for jmb

The Felixstowe to Ipswich Coach by Russell Sidney Reeve.I've mentioned this publisher before but I don't know whether jmb was around then and I think she'd really like their selection. Persephone Books "reprints forgotten classics by twentieth-century (mostly women) writers. Each one in our collection of seventy-five books is intelligent, thought-provoking and beautifully written, and most are ideal presents or a good choice for reading groups."

P.S. Not that this is intended solely for jmb but for anyone who enjoys a good read. It's just that jmb sprang to mind. And I think Welshcakes has heard me mention Persephone before. And ... I'll stop now before I dig a deeper hole.

xx

3 comments:

Anna said...

Miss Pettigrew is my favourite! And 'They Knew Mr Knight' is on my Christmas list. How about the one where the lady gets stranded on a desert island for the duration of WWII?

I would add my thorough recommendation of the Persephone list. They're wonderfully written, evocative books, each one very different, and all perfect for cosying up with a hot-water-bottle!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I remember you mentioning it before and am glad you have reminded me!

jmb said...

Well I'll have to follow the link and check it out. Thanks for thinking of me and Welshcakes of course.
Five posts in one day. It's a wonder I got down this far. I kept thinking I'd come across one I'd read soon or was wondering if I'd gone senile!