Thursday, October 08, 2026

We have a problem

Syd loves people.

Most people love him too - except joggers. Joggers ignore him, don't even glance at him. I mean, seriously? Syd doesn't understand this and, I have to say, neither do I. The biggest problem we have is persuading him to come with us instead of following the person/dog he just greeted.

And he's showing a stubborn streak.

"No, I'm not coming."

As you can see he had his first walk to the beach today.


More gardening this afternoon, discovering the path to the shed is two slabs wide not one as it appeared. I plan to get the garden spick and span ready for winter, and at the rate we're going I think we'll manage it. Me and Syd that is. When he's not stealing my fork or digging up my plants.

Now I think I may go to the library. I have overdue books and one waiting to be collected: The Infinite Sadness of Small Appliances. Might have to pick up some more winter-flowering pansies at the same time.

* * * * *

Yesterday I had a meeting with Sean and a solicitor about Zac's trustee stuff. The solicitor said, and I quote, "Solicitors are like hookers; we charge by the hour."

Though Sean has used him for years and can't remember ever getting an invoice from him. He's a good one as well as a character. 

Anyway, I've spent some time today trying to decipher deeds and write a new one. We have to do this before we can do that and then we have to do the other before we can transition. Apparently.



No comments: