Monday, October 05, 2026

Eyes right!

Husband has blocked the hole and another one he found so we're safe until the next one is discovered - or dug!

Repeat appointment at the optician's this afternoon. My eyes weren't as blurry as I expected after the drops although they were quite light sensitive. Anyway, all is good. My flashes were due to the jelly in the eye getting detached from the retina. Another symptom of - yes, you've guessed it - getting old.

It's only a problem if it comes away with such force that the retina gets torn. Mine wasn't so put up with it.

The only other thing she mentioned is that my eyes have a higher something of something, meaning my eyes are more sensitive to light. I said, "Yes, I do sneeze when the sun shines!"

* * * * *

The course I'm doing involves taking time each day to do the Daily Office, basically a quiet five minutes with a scripture and piece of writing for consideration. All this first week it's been about being busy and not finding time for stillness. I've found it difficult to even sit silently for two minutes as my mind darts off. And being busy is my thing. Which isn't bad in itself unless it then becomes the source of my self-esteem.

* * * * *

Yesterday I was tidying the edge of the paving by the greenhouse and realised there was about another third that had been covered by grass. 

The garden is getting lots of attention since we've had Syd! But . . . drum roll . . . tomorrow we can take Syd out for a walk!

After I've bought him a collar and harness. So exciting!


2 comments:

Boud said...

Maybe long walks will tame your little explorer. And save the house. He's such a personality.

Anvilcloud said...

I think I said beore that I had that retina thing a long time ago, and it’s been alright since then.