Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Too young

I was supposed to be having my RSV injection this morning. I'd been surprised when I had a letter inviting me as I thought only 75s and over were eligible, but I assumed they'd changed the rules, and booked.

Yesterday the surgery nurse phoned telling me the Health Authority had made a booboo and I wasn't eligible. 

It was good to be too young for something for once but this jab was one I would have liked to have had. Also as I no longer had an appointment this morning it meant I could go back to exercise class.

Big mistake. I can no more 'take it easy on your first time back' than I can say no to ice cream. I will regret this on Friday. Maybe tomorrow but it usually takes two days to really hit me. I was surprised how weak my arms were. They've never been very strong, especially my left one, but I was struggling from the start today.

Then writing group this afternoon. Richard led - very well - and I might have been a bit too honest in my writing. I should have stopped before it went downhill.

Got petrol on the way home and couldn't resist taking a photo of this hare holding a fire extinguisher.


5 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I think our age might be 70, but I am not sure.

Kathy G said...

I just checked, and unless they change the rules I will have to wait until 75 also.

Ann said...

Too bad about the shot but nice to be told you are too young for it.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That DOES look like a hare holding a fire extinguisher! Hahahahaha!

Janie Junebug said...

I'll probably be able to get RSV when I get my flu and COVID vaccines. I think we only have age restrictions on the shingles & phenumonia vaccines, and my decrepit elderly self has had both of those.

Love,
Janie