I needed to make a birthday cake for Zac's tomorrow so Syd was in the kitchen with me as I made it. I said, "Pay attention, Syd. You could be the first cooking cockapoo."
I explained that I put in the flour then the sugar and then it went whizzy whiz. "Are you paying attention, Syd?"
I explained that I put in the flour then the sugar and then it went whizzy whiz. "Are you paying attention, Syd?"
"I can hear Dad in the garden; he might need my help." (A dog who knows how to use semi-colons, that's impressive.)
Then you put in the marg and the eggs and more whizzy whiz. Syd, stop looking at yourself in the front of the oven and concentrate."
"Is that my bit of twig? I think it is. I'd better play with it."
"Then the best bit, Syd: you get to lick the bowl. Well, I do but you don't. Syd? Syd, where've you gone?"
"Is that my bit of twig? I think it is. I'd better play with it."
"Then the best bit, Syd: you get to lick the bowl. Well, I do but you don't. Syd? Syd, where've you gone?"
This is what my blog's been missing: conversations between me and my dog.
Apparently AI can't tell the difference between certain dogs and fried chicken. Hence Elder Son has nicknamed Syd 'The Colonel'. Honestly, Syd doesn't look at all like fried chicken, does he?
I seem to be spending a lot of time wandering around the garden saying, "Are you going to do a wee for mummy, Syd?"
If I wait long enough he usually does and then he gets lots of praise and a treat.

2 comments:
Syd is kind of the color of a nice piece of fried chicken and the Colonel isn't a bad nickname. Sounds as if the potty training is going well. This is a good time of year for it.
Love,
Janie
Ten-HUT -- Colonel Syd is in the room!
Post a Comment