It suddenly occurred to me that the show, Operation Mincemeat, was coming to the Grand Theatre sometime soon. I booked tickets for it after Husband's illness got in the way of a London trip to see it.
But it wasn't in my diary.
This was a little alarming.
I googled to see when it's on and it's the last week in September so at least we hadn't missed it. Then I searched through my emails to find a record of booking. Nada! Zilch! Nothing!
Husband recently read about box breathing where you breathe in for 4 (or was it 5?), hold it for 4, breathe out for 4, and hold it for 4. It's supposed to be good to calm you as you try to imagine breathing the sides of a box. Sadly I was past the stage when breathing would help.
"Where is it? I did book, didn't I? I must have done! I' absolutely sure I did! Then where is it? Why can't I find a record? Don't panic!"
I checked my blog and this is what I'd written back in June 2025:
Tickets that is not me. For Operation Mincemeat in Swansea Grand Theatre in September 2026! (Note for self - they have emailed me e-tickets, must remember this for when I panic and can't find them.)
Which proves I did book but doesn't help on the finding the tickets email front. It also shows how well I know myself.
Well, I found them but they were in a strange Inbox folder that I never look at that seems to just house some emails. I've now printed out the tickets and will put them 'somewhere safe.'
I need a cup of tea after that.
* * * * *
In Italy they have three kittens and two chicks, the latter born - hatched? - while we were there.
![]() |
| 'Dave' the dad |
![]() |
| Mum Helga and one kitten |
It was GrandSon4's birthday the day before we arrived in France so he insisted on me making a cake for him when we got back to Italy. He is well into Harry Potter and wanted a book cake. Actually he wanted Hagrid or a phoenix but I managed to talk him down.
Cooking in an unfamiliar kitchen, with an unfamiliar stove, and unfamiliar ingredients, especially when it has to be gluten-free for YS, isn't easy. The cake wasn't the best but it got eaten. The icing was meant to be red like the phoenix but it was coming out pink - red colouring always does! - so I turned it purple on the basis that purple is a magical colour. The only piping equipment I could buy had a wide hole so my writing is very thick and poor, and that's meant to be a feather at the bottom by the way.




5 comments:
You came through with both the tickets and the cake.
My blog has come in handy many times when I'm trying to remember things. Good job finding your tickets!
That cake looks better than one I would have conjured in my own familiar kitchen with my own familiar appliances.
They look pretty happy with the cake, never mind the improv involved.
Blogs are great for looking back and remembering when and if things happened.
Good job remembering! I keep a tickler file by month that can hold future paperwork and reminders about things.
Post a Comment