Syd and me both.
Kept Husband awake from 2 am; I slept through it.
Has discovered how to climb stairs; another big no from Husband.
My fault because he's my dog.
When he's not keeping Husband awake at night nor climbing stairs, he is very sweet. And Husband does love him really.
Last night he managed to overturn two bins, his bed, and move his water bowl to the other end of the kitchen. I've seen pheromone diffusers recommended to bring a sense of calm so shall order one of those. He is actually quite calm mostly. Loud noises don't worry him and he's happy to meet people.
Syd 'helped' Husband to put the winter cover on the pool - and now thinks it's his personal trampoline.Meanwhile in the garden we have some late roses, and lots of dahlias and chillis.
![]() |
| The unexpected posy courtesy of Syd |
P.S. Syd can climb stairs but is not brave enough to come down yet.





16 comments:
Gates are always helpful with furry friends. I have several gates that keep Gibbs from going where he shouldn't.
Syd is certainly adding another dimension to your lives.
Syd's middle name is NADM.
Yes, and in addition to a puppy gate, may I suggest some of those industrial foam strength earplugs for Husband to wear at night so he doesn't hear the dog? Worth a try!
Things will get better!
Syd is doing his job - finding all the puppy proofing jobs for you!
Why isn't Syd supposed to climb the stairs? He's a baby and he's lonely down there by his little self. Poor, poor Syd. Syd had better come to live with Princess, Alice, and me so he can sleep with us and be loved. Sweet little Syd who wants to be a good puppy but never has any love. It's breaking my heart. Princess is upset, too. Alice says, He'd better get straightened out PDQ or he'll go to a shelter. I told Alice, Liz wouldn't do that. Alice replied, Husband would.
Oh, dear.
Love,
Janie
I'm on the hunt for one now, Ann.
He most certainly is, AC!
I had to look that up. First answer said, North American Drought Monitor!
Good idea, Debra!
Yes, I know and he's so adorable.
I'm waiting for him to find any holes in the garden fence . . .
I am awaiting delivery of a dog with a heartbeat. Apparently that helps . . .
No, Alice, Husband wouldn't do, not really. He soon forgets - no, he remembers but he forgives.
Syd need a nice cozy crate at night.
Cathy
Syd is so very cute!
I laughed out loud imagining Syd using the pool cover as a trampoline. What is the estimate of how big Syd will eventually grow? He may not be able to use the "trampoline" for very long. :)
May I ask, why is your husband against Syd climbing stairs? Is to to keep him on only the lower floor and not bedrooms? Or something else? Our dog, who is now 14 (sigh), has always had a strange habit of being very willing and able to climb stairs up to our second floor.... but she never would or has ventured onto the stairs going into our basement. The stairs are actually pretty much the same in both locations and both are carpeted, so it is not really a difference..... but she has never ventured into our basement. This allows the basement to be a bit of a refuge for our cat when he tires of the dog.... and causes considerable consternation for our dog when she WANTS to be with the cat and he scoots into the basement. She will stand at the stairs and whine for her friend to come back up. :)
PipeTobacco
Post a Comment