Saturday, September 19, 2026

Distracted

That's what I've been this week as it all led up to this: 

Meet Syd, my new cockapoo puppy!

He's 11 weeks old and we - Daughter and I - chose him and brought him home yesterday. Husband is still not entirely on board but I sense a weakening this morning - even though Syd woke him up at 4 am whining and scratching the kitchen door. 

I slept through it. That is to say I slept through Syd's crying but was woken by Husband's restlessness. He, Husband that is, pushed me out of bed at 7 to go and sort out Syd.

I have to finish now as Syd wants me to go and play with him.

10 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome, Syd! I'm so glad to read that you now have a new beloved dog!!!!!!!!

Kathy G said...

I would be distracted too!

Boud said...

Well, it's about time. Now we'll get all sorts of Sydventures.

Abby said...

Oh, happy poo puppy!

Anonymous said...

You need to update your subheading!

Anvilcloud said...

Oh! Good for you. A wish fulfilled.

Mauigirl said...

Oh Liz, so excited for you! As you know, we finally adopted a new dog last summer and are so glad. But in my case, like an anxious mom, I'm the one who hears her get up in the night and she comes to me and nuzzles me to go out. Husband sleeps right through! She usually waits till 5:20 and then wants breakfast too! Have a great time with your new family member! I'm sure your husband will be totally on board in no time!

Ann said...

Aw, Syd is adorable. I suspect it won't take your husband long to warm up to him

PipeTobacco said...

Hello Liz:

I had been away so long, but refound your site through seeing your comment at AC's blog!!!!

I had been away because my phone was destroyed (ran over by a vehicle, because I foolishly left my phone atop of my vehicle and drove away). It was not backing up properly and I lost everything and had to start fresh. That is why I have been away so long.

But, then when I return, look to my wonderment, and you now have an adorable, cute, new puppy! I am so very happy for you!!!!! I know you have missed having a dog in your home for quite a while!

I will try to play catch-up, but I hope writing is still going well! Again, some day, I hope to hear more about your writing process as I am still in awe at your success.... it has been a dream of mine.... but your reality!

PipeTobacco

Janie Junebug said...

Congratulations on the addition to your family! Syd is beautiful. He won't make a fuss and scratch at doors if he sleeps in the bed with you. *hint hint*

Love,
Janie