Have downloaded three - um, what do you call them? - read aloud books? To keep me happy on the drive. Plus two books for kindle. That's as well as four paperbacks and two library books. I'm not going to get through all of those obviously but I like to be prepared, hence the knicker equation. (Number of knickers to pack = number of days x 2 + 3 spare.*)
* * * * *
Today is GCSE result day and GrandDaughter1 has done well and got the grades she needs to go to sixth form college. She had a few difficult years in senior school so I am especially pleased for her.
Apparently it's now a thing for the year below to go in and get their grades as well, as they count towards the final result of next year's GCSE exams. So GrandSon1 also got good grades and is well on course for next year.
* * * * *
There's only been a tiny bit of rainfall but already the back lawn looks greener and I swear the grass has grown.
* * * * *
Husband has been very productive these last couple of days. He's made twelve jars of tomato chutney, four jars of fig chutney, and four jars of fig jam, all from home-grown tomatoes and figs.
*Maybe a slight exaggeration. (And I can never remember if it's one 'r' and two 'g's or vice versa.)

1 comment:
I just pack one pair of knickers per day plus one spare. Hope springs eternal I won't even need the spare.
Post a Comment