Saturday, August 15, 2026

Inhale, exhale

Walked with Elder Son, GrandSon3 and Theo this morning. As it was hot I suggested the river path thinking that as we've not had any rain for weeks it would be dry.

It was mostly but there were still some boggy bits. The path has become very over-grown in places. As bits of it have been eroded away by the river and fewer people have walked it nature is reclaiming its own. So at one point we followed a trail, through bushes, and brambles, right up to a dead end! But we got back on the proper path eventually, though with Theo jumping in and out of the water and muddy puddles, and running back and for between us all, we came back filthy. And hot.

And to the discovery that I was already ten minutes late for the print workshop I was booked onto. No time to wipe my armpits or clean my legs, it was in, grab glasses, and out again.

I arrived mid breathing session. Inhale for four, exhale for five. Then it was down to the styrofoam printing. Chloe, who was leading us, encouraged us to practise before printing on the cards, and practice was definitely needed to determine the right pressure and the amount of ink. Megan, with whom I was sharing a table, and I were still practising when Chloe said, "Fifteen minutes left."

What?!!

The best of a bad job. Good fun and relaxing though. (It's meant to be an orange by the way.)



3 comments:

Ann said...

Sounds like an interesting walk. I like your print

Kathy G said...

Your print may not be perfect, but I like it.

Anvilcloud said...

Meant to be orange. Fun ending.