Saturday, July 11, 2026

Resigned

I have resigned from the Labour Party. I joined because I believed that being in it would give me more right to say when I thought the government was acting unwisely. 

It's true I had my say but I can have that as easily from outside the party, and the sheer lack of any sign of democratic choice for a new leader has left me frustrated. Like many others, some of whom have been Labour Party members all their lives, I've had enough. 

* * * * *

The gazebos (borrowed) are up and the water is a warm 28 degrees. The forecast is good and we're looking forward to an excellent church barbecue tomorrow.




6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You are a woman of principle, Liz, and your resignation from the Labour Party reflects that.

Anvilcloud said...

I approve in general. A friend is a lifelong party member, and I don’t get it. I don’t see how I could ever I identify myself like that although I have been supporting one part for quite a few years now. But I would still tend to say that I vote X not that I am X.

Ann said...

Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do

Kathy G said...

I have never been a member of a political party, preferring to vote for individuals instead of parties.

Acorn Hollow said...

You always have to follow your principles. Now if other politicians did the same.
The pool looks amazing
Cathy

Janie Junebug said...

I don't really know much about your political parties, but I'd like to jump in that pool.

Love,
Janie