I walked resolutely past Waterstone's bookshop. I was not going in.
Ten minutes later I was back with the excuse I needed to pass 45 minutes before my haircut appointment. I'd plan to avoid the books and go straight upstairs to the café. Yes, that worked well.
I came out with a leaving-primary-school book for GrandDaughter2, a Japanese novel for me, and a small sketchbook, on the grounds that a small piece of paper is less intimidating than a large sheet. Off on holiday tomorrow so I plan - hope - to do a few sketches. Bearing in mind that I was never good at art but it sounded like fun. And it was just a beautiful simple little book.
* * * * *
A letter arrived for me this morning. In a brown envelope. On the grounds that such letters are always bring or financial I usually leave them for Husband to open because I can't be bothered but for some reason I decided I would open this one.
I wish I hadn't.
It was to tell me I am to have my state pension reviewed. They will phone me - a call that can last up to 30 minutes - and ask me questions. I am to have to hand the documents mentioned in the letter. Except there aren't any.
I was chosen at random it says. I can't imagine what they will want to know.
* * * * *
The pool has reached a record temperature of 29.5. It's hardly refreshing any more.
Off for a few days tomorrow. Hope my plants survive.
The sweet peas have almost finished. The only left are these with dwty stems.



8 comments:
Is everybody getting official money-type things to deal with lately?
Enjoy your holiday.
Have fun with the sketching -- it's a lovely thing to do on holiday. Having said that, of course, I must confess I never do it. Too lazy and a hypocrite, LOL! I barely even sketch at home. I need more drive and discipline.
How odd to be selected like that. Once you've answered 'I don't know' a few times, they'll move on. Have a lovely holiday.
I always tell myself I'm only going in the craft store to look. I usually come out with something. Enjoy your holiday
Record every answer given lest they take you to court.
Good luck with the pension review.
Enjoy your holiday, share your sketches with us!
I used to take drawing materials with me and rarely did any drawing. Too restless to sit, in a place where I wanted to watch birds etc.
Post a Comment