I watched the England v Mexico World Cup game this morning with Husband. It happened in the middle of the night but the BBC was showing the whole game at a reasonable hour. I will never say football is boring again! It was a stunner! Very tense and stressful but England hung on to go through to the quarter-finals against Norway.
Quite interesting fact: an English player who wasn't involved in the match was given a yellow card and also got injured. Quite an achievement.
Still on World Cup news I see Tr**p phoned the president of FIFA to ask him to review the ban on a US striker so he is able to play in the US game against Belgium tomorrow morning/this evening depending on where you are. The not-at-corrupt FIFA president agreed it could be suspended for a year. This seems to have succeeded in turning every impartial fan into a Belgian supporter.
In gardening news both a butterfly and a bee landed on me today at the same time. The bee mistook my flowery t-shirt for the real thing and then buzzed my nose when he realised his mistake.
Eight years ago we were in France celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary by re-creating our honeymoon.

8 comments:
Happy anniversary. It's quite flattering to be mistaken for a flower!
I've not watched any World Cup as I never fully learned the rules of football/ soccer. It looks like a bunch of running around to me.
Flattery from both bee and butterfly! Lovely field of flowers.
I'm actually allergic to all stinging things. My allergist's advice: don't look like a flower. You are evidence as to why!
North Americans are generally not passionate about 'football' but I have been enjoying the games. The England game was extra special.
Love the sunflowers. I'm not much into sports of any kind.
I watched the England/Mexico game through halftime, then went to bed. Tonight I will watch the USA game. Wonder what will happen?
I definitely hope no good will come of the game with the once red carded now not player. I'm hoping little Belgium settles their hash.
Happy Annie! You flower child.
A honeymoon in France sounds ideal. Our stupid idiot dumbbutt (I don't know what else to call him without using serious profanity) should stay out of competitions. He probably threatened the person who made the decision.
Love,
Janie
The England v Mexico World Cup game was something special. That was quite an achievement from the player who got injured. The Orange One shouldn't have any involvement in the football. He didn't even know what a red card was a few days ago. lol
Happy anniversary!
Post a Comment