You know those cartoons when someone gets hit in the face by a rake? That never happens does it?
Yes, it does. Between the rake and the tree trunk* I was attacked from all sides this afternoon.
But I'm getting there. I was hoping to have completed the first stage - clearance and flattening - this afternoon but it was a lot harder than I anticipated. When it looked as though I were hitting a coal seam, and I was also worried that I might be undermining our wall, I decided I would have to accept that there were some roots I just would not be able to get to the root of. I had to chop them off instead.
It will be lovely, I tell myself.And some seeds fell on stony ground . . . and grew anyway.
*I say tree trunk; I mean really thick heather root.


7 comments:
I didn't a poppy would be hardy enough to grow there.
Hope you're okay now.
If you make a note to remember to pull up any new shoots from those roots they will eventually die because there will be nothing growing to provide energy to them.
That sounds like exhausting work
Keep chopping. Eventually, they'll give up.
It's coming along nicely.
I think you need a rematch with the rake.
Oh my! Lots of hard work!~
Post a Comment