Saturday, October 05, 2024

This week

It's been a crazy busy week. Wednesday cooking and collecting stuff from Cwtch Mawr. Thursday, desperate shortage of volunteers so stood in at Zac's. Front of house this time and it's a doddle compared to the kitchen work. 

Friday back in Zac's then straight into town. .I asked Husband where I could get change for the float for the book fair. His first suggestion was the Pier arcade - but that's closed following a fire. Then he said the bank.

"If I can find one."

"Ours in Portland Street will be open."

It wasn't. Being refurbished. Tried a different bank but when they found out I didn't have an account with them they wouldn't change it. I don't think it was personal; probably money laundering fears. I expect lots of money-launderers go in with a pound coin and ask for it to be changed to pennies.

In the end I walked back to Zac's where Stu gathered together all the change he could find in various places for me. (As it turned out I needn't have bothered.)

Then I'd arranged to meet Ffion, young doctor friend home for a few days, to go for ice cream. Arrived and surprised to find the house in darkness. Rang the bell; no reply. Knocked in case the bell wasn't working; no reply.

Got back into car and checked our message exchange. Turns out I'd made the arrangement for tomorrow i.e. today.

Today been at Book Fair. see previous post and soon will go to Verdi's for ice cream. Tomorrow church,  do some laundry, and try to finish article for deadline on Tuesday. Monday we have a trustee leader get-away day for prayer and discussion.

Then it all begins again . . .

3 comments:

jabblog said...

Sounds like a busy time ahead.

Kathy G said...

Whew! I'm tired just reading about it.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'd say "no rest for the wicked," but that saying could not possibly apply to you, virtuous person that you are!