Wednesday, October 23, 2024

the wonders of my brain

When we received our order from Sainsburys on Saturday I was confused. Did I only order one apple? 

It was quite possible. I have been known to order the wrong things, unlikely as that may sound I know.

Anyway I just found the other two apples. In the veg rack with the onions.

* * * * *

Zac's very quiet last night with only eight of us there, but it was the regulars, the faithful ones, and the right group to do what I'd planned. We talked about Nicodemus and his slow realisation that Jesus was telling the truth about who he was. His conversion was slow and steady as opposed to Saul's or that of Zaccheus, but no less valid. 

Then I got several people to tell their stories, how it began for them. We all followed the non-spectacular route of eventually working it out for ourselves. An open and honest evening.

* * * * *

Husband was due to go to the gym today but was very tired so I suggested that he shouldn't go. And he didn't. Which worried me even more.

* * * * *

The last few days I've been reading through and editing my work-in-progress. Today I got to the end of what I've written so far, and realised why I'd been putting it off: I don't know where to go next with it. I have several ideas, but I need to choose, otherwise I'll try and cram them all in and it will be messy. That said, I am enjoying what I've written so far. There's one bit of 'fact' that I've completely made up and it totally convinces me.

* * * * *

Just wasting some time sorting through photos. I'm trying to be strict and delete rubbish or meaningless photos but I also found this one. Possibly in Kew Gardens.




3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Two beautiful lotuses!

jabblog said...

It is worrying when one's husband is tired and foregoes exercise. He is right to rest.

Marie Smith said...

Lotus blossoms! Gorgeous!