Wednesday, July 24, 2024

A Tale of Two Spiders

About three days ago I noticed a spider in the corner of the room near my bed. He appeared to be hanging there. The next day he was still in the same position. 

Last night he was joined by another spider, on the wall this time. Spider 1 hasn't changed his position since I noticed him.


When I push the air around spider 1 (the lower one) I can move his legs like a puppeteer but he also moves his legs and body independently. So I'm pretty sure he's not dead. I am wondering if he is stuck in an invisible but lethal web and spider 2 has come to save him. Or eat him. But they look like the same sort of spiders so I should think they're friends.

I am off to Zac's to cook soon then it's Husband's hospital appointment. I shall take steps to rescue spider 1 when I get back. If he's still there. I am hoping between them they will find a way to get him out of his dilemma and I won't have to be involved. It's not that I'm frightened of spiders per se, I would just rather not risk them running up my arm.



5 comments:

Haven't got one. said...

Could the first spider not be a spider at all, but a skin that has been shed?
J.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Liz to the rescue! Good luck!

jabblog said...

I don't think spiders are noted for being companionable with each other - mating or eating usually brings them together.

Anvilcloud said...

I wonder if they'd like to come and sit beside you.

Ann said...

I would be a tad bit freaked out by the first spider being joined by a second.