Sunday, June 02, 2024

Losing my . . .

Virginity? Religion? No, bra.

Towards the end of the day I take off my bra by wriggling out of it, you know the way I mean. Then I put it down, wherever I happen to be. (In the house by the way; I don't do this on the streets.)

Today I spent a good ten minutes looking for it.

I knew I'd seen it somewhere unusual so tried a variety of rooms. Eventually I found it next to the cooker in the kitchen. 

* * * * *

Tried on some black trousers that fitted - just about - but what to wear with them? A sleeveless white broderie anglaise top and black cardi? Would have been okay but very tight across the boobs. Tried a long sleeve white top in crepey material - used to be popular for hippies - can't think what it's called. That was sort of okay. 

But think I'll wear my Christmas dress. Without the mustard tights.

It's darkish and loose, so comfortable for travelling, and in the unlikely event of it being hot tomorrow, well, we'll either be in the car, the church or the hotel or wherever the wake is. It's okay for a funeral, isn't it? 

6 comments:

Boud said...

Nowadays people wear all kinds of clothes for funerals. I think the important part is showing up.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That dress will be perfect!

Anvilcloud said...

Geez, I haven't been to a funeral for more than twenty years. That was my mother's funeral in 2003.

jabblog said...

if I have a funeral, I want everyone to wear bright clothes and laugh a lot.

Liz Hinds said...

Thinking about who will be there I'm coming down in favour of black and white. Yes, Janice, me too, but it doesn't say anything about dress in the funeral notice so i assume it's dark and formal.

Ann said...

Boud is right, they wear anything these days. I've seen people in dresses and I've seen them in shorts. I think the dress is just fine.