Sunday, May 26, 2024

And breathe

I walked towards the kitchen saying, "I could do the ironing," and as I was saying it, I was walking into the dining room to start a new jigsaw.

When I've tipped all the pieces out of the bag into the box I begin by looking for edge pieces. They normally leap out at me but for the last jigsaw I did they were much less visible. I don't know if it was because the box was smaller but I was still finding edge pieces when the jigsaw was nearly completed.

Edge pieces are also easier to find if they're upside down.

And all that will be very boring for anyone who isn't a jigsaw fan.

So more garden photos. I did some tidying, weeding, and planting today. So much to do.

My favourite, from the climbing roses I planted around George's bench.

The bush behind the bench was planted a year after the others so all its blooms are low down but still lovely.

In a week or two this bench will be surrounded by roses. And they are all highly scented so anyone who sits there will benefit from them. Except me because of my nearly absent sense of smell.

P.S. I managed to leave my car keys in the car over-night. In fact over two nights.


7 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

I love doing jigsaws and your garden is so pretty. Ah yes, well, if I told you about my car key stories, I would be here forever. Instead I will wish you a very happy day and a great week.

Marie Smith said...

The keys left in the car here would mean a stolen vehicle!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You sure have a green thumb for growing beautiful roses!

Ann said...

I haven't done a real jigsaw puzzle in years. The ones I do online though I always do the edge pieces first.

Boud said...

I'm sorry to hear your sense of smell isn't very acute. That's a loss around roses.

Ole phat Stu said...

I like to do childrens puzzles. Face down.

jabblog said...

I love jigsaw puzzles - dare not start one or I shall be hooked and do nothing else.
Beautiful roses - what a shame you can't smell them.