Tuesday, April 23, 2024

More reasons to get a dog

1. When you're walking in the woods and you come across a woman apparently talking to her dog, that's normal. However if the woman is dogless and alone but still talking, more concerning.

 I'm leading Zac's tonight. In the past I used to take George into the woods to practise. I don't know why but it was my favourite place to rehearse. Now I have to use the lounge and it's not so good. I need a dog to accompany me and stop me looking like a woman who's lost her carer.

2. I'm the heaviest I've been for years. I need a dog to walk. I could walk on my own but I don't have the motivation. I borrow dogs but they don't love me as much. I need a dog to improve my fitness and weight.

3. When I eat too much it brings me down and when I'm down I eat too much. A dog and fresh air and nature are known to lift the mood, increase happy hormone production. I need a dog to improve my mental health.


And speaking of dogs, on Pobbles yesterday with Toby, Daughter and Louie, we spotted a dogfish. At first we thought it was dead but it was quite happy and alive, just left behind in a pool. It was a very low tide but it was turning and the pool would soon be covered again.

Soon be there.


8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Those are all excellent reasons to get another dog. I hope your husband agrees with you finally.

jabblog said...

People apparently talk to themselves all the time - they're on their 'phones!
We met a man who said he loved walking in the woods but people thought he was odd if he wasn't walking with a dog. That's so sad.

Anna said...

I'm suspicious of people without dogs on walks. So is Louie! You need a dog. It Is Time.

Abby said...

Yes to all of the above.

Anvilcloud said...

I grok you about the eating. My problem is largely about what I eat.

Ann said...

All sound like good reasons to get a dog to me.

Boud said...

I walk daily and probably talk to myself,too, without the aid of a dog! But if you want one, and you really do, why can't a puppy follow you home? You will probably be doing the care, why not go for it and let Himself come around to it? Just sayin'

Kathy G said...

It sounds like it's time.