Friday, April 19, 2024

Iron Men

Stu said, "If you're feeling at all under the weather don't come in on Friday. We can manage." (To Zac's for food service.)

Well, since you mention it . . . so I'm having a day off, a week off in fact as I've not done any of my regular routines. I'm not too bad, mostly just tired, and a bit snuffly. But as I don't think I've been ill since April 2023 that's not bad.

* * * * *

I keep getting clips for Marvel films on my social media and they look funny - and have good-looking stars - so I decided I'd like to watch them. Asked Younger Son where to begin and he pointed me to two chrologoogiacl lists. (Good grief, I was trying to type chronological there without looking at the screen.)


Turns out there are something like thirty-two Marvel films! We started last night with Iron Man, the first one to be made (2008) rather than the first one history time wise (WW2). 

I enjoyed it while Husband said it was okay. "But," he said, "I didn't bother watching the earlier films either that you watched with the boys when I was working away."
I frowned. "What earlier films?"
"The original Iron Man. And Iron Man 2."
"I don't remember those. Who was in them?"
"I don't know. You watched them."
"I don't think I did."
"Yes, you did."

I googled it. There were no earlier Iron Man films. 

We often have these arguments usually over what I'm supposed to have watched without him.

* * * * *

I've just finished True Grit by Charles Portis. Great book. I can hear the voice so clearly. It's narrated by Mattie Ross, a fourteen-year-old. We should all bring our daughters up to be like Mattie Ross.

I'm sure I must have seen True Grit with John Wayne but I don't remember it. I definitely haven't watched the remake. 

* * * * *

Looking for a photo of Iron Man I was reminded of the book by Ted Hughes. Now that I have read.



4 comments:

Boud said...

I'm glad you're taking a day off from Zac's. You may mainly need a bit of rest.

As a former Brit with one grandparent from each nation, English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, I think my memoirs should be entitled "True Brit".

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Being a Marvel fan, I've seen all 32 films, plus all the series Marvel created for the streaming service Disney+. My favourites are those involving Captain America/Steve Rogers and Thor/Loki.

Anonymous said...

I’m groaning for Boyd. Cop Car

Anonymous said...

I can spell, but autocorrect can’t. Tsk