Thursday, March 21, 2024

Bad door day

I couldn't understand why the door to the ladies' toilet in Zac's wouldn't open. I fought with it for some time before realising I was using the wrong key.

I went to the chemist. The sign on the door said, "Press button to open." I pressed; it didn't open. I pressed again; it didn't open. I tried the handle; the door didn't open. Pressed button again while wiggling handle. Still no success. According to the sign the shop was open. I just couldn't get in.

I stood back and pondered. There was another door but the sign on it said, "Use other door." I was trying!

By now I'd reached the point where my mind was blank, and I couldn't work out if I were supposed to push or pull the handle. I tried pulling. It seemed to move a tiny bit. I pushed and the door opened. I fell in. 

I'd already shouted at the self-service machine in Sainsburys because it kept saying that my loyalty card was in an invalid format. That was before I noticed I was using my Tesco card.

Some days you just have to give up and go home.




8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Just one of those days when everything is conspiring against you!

Anvilcloud said...

This is something that I could do. 😊

I came across Mumbles in the book that I am reading. I stopped and said to myself, "I've heard of this place."

Marie Smith said...

Lol. The story of my life! Glad you got in the shop.

Liz Hinds said...

It was, Debra. Sometimes you just have to accept that.

Oh, what book was it, AC?

Me too, Marie!

jabblog said...

It's all so familiar . . .

Kathy G said...

Based on my morning so far I'll be having one of those days today.

Boud said...

Some days you shoulda stood in bed.

Ann said...

I've had days like that before.