Saturday, February 10, 2024

Growing up

Yesterday was Daughter's birthday so everyone came round here at tea-time for pizza and birthday cake. And to sing happy birthday and give presents.

Chocolate cheesecake made by GrandDaughter1!

Daughter wanted some little pottery houses so assuming they'd be easy to find in Mumbles I left it until the last minute - and I couldn't find any. At least none that weren't tea-light holders or plant pots. So she had unrequested presents instead. 

* * * * *
Today I am sitting here awaiting the arrival of one or two grandchildren so Daughter and Son-in-law can go out on their own for a while. GrandDaughter1 is old enough to stay home on her own now and sometimes GrandSon1 stays with her to play on his computer rather than come to Granny's. They are all growing up. Sigh.

Yesterday I took my bag of baby bedding to the Baby Bank in the Mosque opposite Zac's. As I handed it over it was very difficult to let go. I had to turn and hurry away before I grabbed it back. Sigh.

And I will be doing more sighing this afternoon I suspect when Wales play England in Twickenham, England rugby's home ground. 

But after that I'm off to the theatre with Daughter-in-law and Grandson1 to see Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo. It's set in the first world war, revolves around a young soldier, and sounds quite harrowing.

 * * * * *
The sun is shining today, an unusual occurrence for us recently. So I think GrandDaughter2 and I will go out somewhere for fresh air and exercise. And possibly ice cream or cake or you know, something yummy.



2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Apparently, yummy is readily available there.

Ann said...

It seems that always happens to me when I wait till the last minute to get something. Hope she had a wonderful birthday.