Sunday, February 25, 2024

Five boys


Been a busy weekend. Elder Son has been away so I've been helping Daughter-in-law with the boys who lead busy lives.

Yesterday morning I had GrandSon1 so I had the bright idea of inviting GrandSon2 along as well. I had to go to Mumbles so took them with me, gave them money and left them in a rather nice cafe to order waffles. I said I'd meet them later. 

Worried the whole time I was in the library and then shopping but, of course, they were fine, although possibly over-sugared, having used the left-over money to buy sweets - and charity daffodils.

This morning it was Grandson1's turn to be away, at a hockey tournament in Cardiff, so I had GrandSon3 this time, and again invited GrandSon2. We played games and had a walk in the rain followed by lunch at Five Guys, not Five Boys as I kept calling it. Very good chips.

In between having children around we watched rugby. Two games, two losses. First Wales lost to Ireland (expected but not quite the thrashing I'd anticipated), then England lost to Scotland. So not a good day for this household but probably slightly better for me than Husband. 

Ireland is the best team in Europe currently while Wales is rebuilding, with a young team, who battled well, and showed promise. So there's hope for the future.

Now this coming week, unusually for me, I have a lot of appointments. An online workshop on fund-raising, a meeting with Social Services about the child I've been involved with since birth (his not mine), a visit to same child, and a hospital appointment for Husband to get results of his ear biopsy.

I shall need lots of tea to get through all that. (I was going to say chocolate but I'm trying to cut down. That said I may be driven to it.)

5 comments:

Boud said...

I remember five boys and wondering who they were. I didn't like that chocolate so much, a bit bitter.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Between grandsons and appointments, you're busy right now! Is there such a thing as chocolate tea?

Tasker Dunham said...

Desperation, Pacification, Expectation, Acclamation, Realization it's Fry's. Which boy is which? Haven't seen it for years, nor the 5 centre chocolate cream.

Anvilcloud said...

Chocolate: I have been resisting well, but I do miss it. I may have to succumb, temporarily at least.

Ann said...

When I read your title "Five boys" I wondered if they possibly grew up into the five guys and decided to switch from chocolate to burgers and fries.