Monday, January 08, 2024

Still in French mode

To be honest, the jeans could probably be a tiny fraction shorter. Maybe I've reached the shrinky stage of life or maybe, as Abby says, the manufacturers are messing with us.

Lovely walk on the beach with Daughter, Louie and Toby this morning. Daughter has had a brilliant idea, lots of potential to be very exciting, but I won't share it until it becomes real.

Then spent the afternoon in the kitchen - warm at least - making an anniversary cake, and Boeuf Bourgignon for dinner. I'm a bit late making the cake because I'd forgotten about the anniversary, but I'm sure it will be fine after just two weeks' maturing.

Now contemplating ordering five days' worth of meals from Hello Fresh, one of these companies that provides all the ingredients plus the recipe, and all I have to do is cook it. Well, and choose the meals I want to begin with. Last time I tried a service like this - probably the same one actually - the meals were quite good, and they've sent me a 65% off first box offer. So I'll have a browse.

In other news I ordered a new washing basket today. I know, I know, my life is just one mad whirl.


Also discovered there are Provincial Lady books I haven't read. I'm sure I've read of her adventures in America but not Russia. The collection of five volumes is available on Kindle for 99p, so I bought it. I will enjoy re-reading it anyway.

5 comments:

Boud said...

That's the Provincial Lady collection I have. I've read all her work, even the not Provincial Lady novels, but the first PL is my favorite. Her visits to Russia and the US are good, though a bit tired in a way.

So now we're in suspense about the brilliant idea.

Ann said...

I'm going with the manufacturers are messing with us. They can all get together and make mens sizes the same across the board. But when it comes to womens clothes, each one has a different sizing.

Cop Car said...

It sounds like you have made progress toward getting pants "just the right length". Good for you!

Anvilcloud said...

I dunno, you still have to cook Hello Fresh. So much work still. 😁

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Several people i know tried those meal in a box options and quite a few months ago, there would be boxes in the package room here at the mill apartments. Recently, however, I have hardly seen any, perhaps they are out of favor with some. If you decide to retry, do share your thoughts on the practicality vs. the cost.


I have heard of the Provincial Lady collection but never read any of these.