Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Makes you wonder

Zac's gets given lots of pairs of jeans for which we are very grateful and most of them are in good condition. And that is what puzzles me. Who gets rid of jeans unless they've got holes in them?  I wear mine until they fall apart.

Admittedly that's mostly because it's a faff trying on new jeans in shops and they're always tight and uncomfortable (unless you do as I did last week and give in and buy a larger size.) But old jeans are comfy and used to you.

This pair of boxers, however, has seen better days.

I assume - I hope - it was put in the donation bag by mistake.


4 comments:

Boud said...

I'm guessing weight gain is why people donate good jeans. In my late husband's case, increasing inability to navigate zippers and buttons, too. But someone else benefits.

The boxers look as if they were aimed at the ragbag and got in the wrong bag.

Anvilcloud said...

I think I agree with Boud. It's what I was thinking. Personally, I have elasticized waists in my jeans that I wear below my belly. But I still remove them as soon as I get home. It's loose sweats for me.

Kathy G said...

I just have to shake my head at the current style of jeans that already have holes in them.
Those pants are more like a rag than a piece of clothing!

Ann said...

There have been two reasons for me to get rid of jeans. Torn/rips or they don't fit. If it wasn't a mistake that was pretty rude to donate boxers that look like that