Wednesday, November 22, 2023

You can never get a funeral director when you want one

Well, we got through the evening. People participated and all was well. Three boys in the corner - actually they were men - kept having the giggles. In true schoolmarm style I threatened to separate them.

Responses to the question in previous post varied from "Eat everything they tell me I shouldn't" to "Be a witness to others" (you always get one dedicated Christian!) to "Call the funeral director."

I also made a really nice variation of this salmon traybake yesterday. Its tastiness was probably due to the butter and honey sauce (fat and sugar, a wonderful/terrible combination).

So this morning I went to the gym with Husband. I start off on the treadmill so I can watch morning television to take my mind off the pain. As well as the usual celebrity nonsense - I'm told they're celebrities but I have no idea who they are - there was an item about research done in America comparing the cognitive functions of people over sixty-five with pets and without. Unsurprisingly people who had dogs showed better cognitive functions but even cat owners were better than those with no pets.

I pointed this out to Husband. The fates are telling us we should get a dog. And Daughter sent me a link the other day to an article, 7 Best Dog Breeds for Fighting Depression. Honestly it's a no-brainer, but Husband persists in his resistance. I shall wear him down. (He will read this and come and say, "No, you won't," but I will.)

Baby George and Husband before he ate the chair. (George that is not Husband.)


7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Awwwww, baby George, so cute! I have a friend who turns 70 in a week or so. Her big Seven Oh gift? A purebred Welsh Terrier puppy. She is flying to the USA in a couple of days to pick him up from the breeder.

Anna said...

Plus: lower blood pressure, a longer life expectancy, and better stress-responses!

https://fotp.com/learn/dog-lifestyle/how-do-dogs-help-humans

Anvilcloud said...

I remember attending a computer workshop with several other male teachers. The instructor had to get quite cross with us. Well, it was mostly the others. 😎

Boud said...

My comment vanished, maybe into the world of spam. I expect we'll manage anyway.

Ann said...

I say get a dog and how could husband resist once it's already there.

Janie Junebug said...

I'm quite certain Husband ate the chair and blamed it on George. With that adorable puppy face I know George never did anything naughty. You must have a dog and so many need homes. You'll be doing the doggy world a kindness by taking in a dog.

Love,
Janie

PipeTobacco said...

I concur…. a new furry dog…. or better yet….. a puppy and a kitten….. is just the right ticket for both of you! The two will grow up together and be great mates as well if they are both young at the start!!!!

PipeTobacco