Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Handy Cleaning Hint No. 2

Don't wear your glasses when cleaning.

I had a change of heart and decided the oil painting would go quite well in the guest bedroom over the grate.



And as I was doing it, of course, I had to dust the painting and the fireplace. So far so good. Then I put my glasses on.

And realised that the grate was full of, at best, stuff birds had dropped down the chimney, or, at worst, bird poo.

I had an arrangement of stones and a candle in the grate previously and I hadn't looked at them for ages. I don't have much cause to go into the guest bedroom apart from a little light dusting occasionally. I'm more like the lady below.
It's a lovely day today so it's going to be lunch followed by some gardening. Hope your day is good.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Love that rabbit statue!

Boud said...

It's probably better to leave your glasses off, less work is visible then.

Ann said...

I have two rooms that I just keep the door closed so I can't see that I need to go in and clean them.