Sunday, August 20, 2023

Symphony in A sharp

England played Spain this morning in the women's football World Cup final. I sat and watched it with Husband. I confess my main motivation was to take a little snooze: I do find football boring. It lived up to my expectations with Spain getting just one goal to win.

I did some gardening this afternoon to try and clear more of the tall daisies that are surrounding one of my rose bushes. The roots are so deep and close to the rose bush that I had to just hack them back and will have to keep doing so each time they try to grow until they give up. Not very satisfactory but the only path I think I can take. 

You didn't know I was a musician, did you? To be honest nor did I but I composed Garden Symphony in A sharp this afternoon. It goes, "oooh ow aaaahhhhh ow oo ow" and was inspired by the thorns and spiders that pierced or crawled over me.

Meanwhile Husband's greenhouse is in full bloom. 

A long thin variety of aubergine

More chillis than a chilli-eater could wave his hat at

San Marzano tomatoes, the best for pizza topping

Other tomatoes, maybe Moneymaker.

Actually it will be at the height of bloomingness just as we go on hols so the children will get most benefit from it.


6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Beautiful looking veggies!

Anvilcloud said...

Catchy lyrics there. 😁

Abby said...

How does your garden grow! Looks fabulous despite your wounds.

I'm enjoying my English lessons:
aubergine = eggplant
football = soccer


Ann said...

Just look at those delicious vegies.
I used to try and get interested in American football when Wade would watch but I just couldn't do it.

Kathy G said...

I'm getting hungry just looking at those vegetables!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

There is nothing as delicious as home grown veggies and your husband has done a great job, Liz. Some days we miss not having our own garden now that we live in an apt. But then we remember that we had too many cukes and zucchini.