Friday, August 11, 2023

In the doldrums . . . temporarily

I wasn't able to get a hairdressing appointment until the middle of next week so by Wednesday evening I was in the doldrums. "I'm fat, I'm grey, I'm so old!"

Fortunately I had grandchildren the following day so quickly perked up. GrandSon3, GrandDaughter2 and I went to the pottery shop to paint jugs, rabbits and chickens, followed by fish and chips - with me eating most of the children's leftovers - followed by ice cream - which I resisted because it was from Joe's and unlike the majority of Swansea residents I don't like Joe's ice cream. I'll eat it if I have to, obviously, but I'd prefer anywhere else.

My diet definitely starts tomorrow.

* * * * *

GrandDaughter1 came around this afternoon and we watched The Princess Diaries part 2. I am enjoying watching all these girly films I've missed out on. Nothing I have to think too much about and nobody gets shot, at least not in a serious way.

* * * * *

An old acquaintance who has now divorced her husband asked me to remove all Facebook posts of their wedding. In doing so I had to trawl back through hundreds of photos I've put on Facebook over the years. Some are surprisingly good, many are repetitive, and some are downright weird.







15 comments:

Abby said...

Your friend asking you to delete her wedding photos from fb. Did you have a ton of photos? Tagged? I never thought of fb friend photos being yet another casualty of a divorce, but I can see it.

acorn hollow said...

Sounds like the grands perked you up.
How long ago was the wedding? I find that request weird
Cathy

Chuck Pergiel said...

You don't like Joe's ice cream? How can that be? Do they put rocks in it?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That last photo is a doozy!

Liz Hinds said...

Abby, about 6 tagged photos I think. From 10 years ago, Cathy. It is a bit unusual but she is very hurt.
Chuck, I think they put rocks of salt in it. I find it salty anyway.
Debra, a tree in the woods - not decorated by me!

Ann said...

Oh my, that last picture made me laugh.
There was no facebook for pictures of my first wedding. I did get rid of the wedding photos, gave them to my daughter but I don't think I would have asked other people to delete photos if they had them on social media.

Anvilcloud said...

Grandkids seem to accept you just the way you are, particularly when they are young.

Marie Smith said...

The last photo is hilarious!

PipeTobacco said...

Of the three prior photos you put up…. The white flower is quite beautiful!!!!! And the last one is very fun!

I am surprised your friend would ask you to delete the images. I am surprised she knew they were there…. finding things on FaceBook that long ago seems a daunting task.

PipeTobacco

Anonymous said...

No only a few... But Liz was the only one who could delete them because she tagged me in them so I could not delete them.

Anonymous said...

Why weird, Liz was the one who posted them of my wedding in 2013.she tagged me in them so I could not delete them. I did not know they were still there until they starting popping up on my memories. And why on earth would any woman want to see photos of a man who cheated, ran after younger women and smashed her heart to bits... What's weird about that??????

Anonymous said...

I was not the one who originally posted them to Facebook. Liz did.... They are not casualties they are memories of me being a trusting doormat!

Anonymous said...

She was not hurt she was devastated, she was ill for 18 months, has never see or spoken to her ex for almost 2 years. She will never forgive and wants no part of the toxic pile of cow dung... Now what's weird about that!!!

Anonymous said...

Nothing weird about never wanting to see the face of someone who wrecked you and whom every single friend turned their back on. Such a weird stand to take.......

Ole phat Stu said...

In the doldrums ? So no wind? Are we to deduce the blow drier did not work?