Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Wastrels all

Our Prime Minister, Rishi Sunak, along with 224 other Conservative MPs did not vote in parliament yesterday on the findings of the Privileges Committee. That's the one that came to the conclusion that Boris Johnson knowingly misled parliament about illegal goings on during lockdown.

When he became PM Sunak stood outside No. 10 Downing Street and made a commitment to "integrity, professionalism and accountability."

Pathetic the whole lot of them.

In better news I've had a good day today. I made fish pie ready for dinner and banana bread ready for Zac's tonight. I dug a flower bed and did some more clearing. I changed the bed (our sleep-in bed that is) and planned what shrubs I need that will grow in the shade, and went to the garden centre. 

Now I think it must be time to sit in the sun and read. 


I do like days that are free of commitments. I should plan to have more of them.


5 comments:

Boud said...

Wait, I'm getting the beds mixed up here. Shrubs in the shade, indoors? Nah must be the garden bed.

Rishi's playing the long game, assuming he'll need Boris again at some point? I wish you could bin the lot and start over.

Liz Hinds said...

The garden bed, yes, Boud. It's not completely in the shade but enough to make the rose bush lean over to reach the sun. Bin the lot? Throw them on a rubbish tip more like.

Ann said...

Nothing worse than politician. It's funny how they raise a fuss over someone elses wrong doings but they claim they are perfect.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your flowers look gorgeous!

Cop Car said...

What a lovely interplay of colors amongst your flowers.