Wednesday, June 14, 2023

In the swim


Nearly full tide at Rotherslade, the beach of my childhood. Family legend is that when my mother was young she could dive off Donkey Rock on the right and swim underwater to the rocks on the other side. She was a good swimmer; I potter along but don't ask me to get anywhere quickly.

The water was lovely and it felt so good to be in it. Very little seaweed but quite pebbly until you got past them. I noticed all the professionals i.e. old ladies, were wearing crocs or swim shoes. Not attractive but much more elegant than trying to get in or out without stumbling over.

Oh yes, and I had my blood test results: all satisfactory as expected - except in those moments when the receptionist looks for the results and I become convinced she's taking a long time and I must have something dreadful.

GrandSon3, however, is on crutches after damaging his leg taking a penalty in a football tournament in school. The doctor asked Elder Son if they'd already been to  A&E (and thus acquired the crutches.)

Elder Son explained, "No, we already had them from last year when I hurt my leg playing football in a tournament . . ."

4 comments:

Marie Smith said...

How lovely to be able to swim on the beach of your childhood. I would love to be able to swim at my childhood beach once more in my lifetime.

Ann said...

That looks like a nice beach.
Hope your grandson heals quickly.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh dear, don't take up playing football, Liz. Football injuries seem to run in the family.

Cop Car said...

Football is not treating your men kindly. Maybe they should take up chess (if they have not already done so). I don't understand why you didn't inherit your mother's swimming ability.

Happy your blood is doing so well - and - that your flowers are so beautiful.