Sunday, June 25, 2023

A sleepy Sunday

GrandSon3 came for a sleepover last night. After beating me at every game (Go Fish, Dinosaur Chase) we played he slept well and left early this morning for his football club's end of season's presentation. I tried to explain gently to him that coach's sons aren't allowed to win even when they should. A difficult and unfair lesson.

After dropping him off I picked up GrandDaughter2 who'd asked me to take her to see The Little Mermaid (new version). I think Daughter has sussed it out. If the children want to do something and she doesn't she tells them to ask Granny!

Eating sweets and watching a film in the middle of the morning threw me a bit for the rest of the day. Have been lying in the intermittent sunshine snoozing ever since.

Film was fine but overly long, even for an adult, but some beautiful underwater sequences and imaginings. I am so impressed by the creativity of some.



3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like an ideal weekend so far!

Boud said...

You sound like an ideal granny! I'm glad nobody is likely to ask me to take them to Little Mermaid, or anything else involving underwater scenes. I can't hold my breath that long. Water is totally not my medium!

Ann said...

Sounds like fun