Sunday, January 29, 2023

A no bra day


Yesterday I decided that today I would have a Rest Day. It's been a busy week - same as usual - and I was feeling a bit light-headed hence my decision.

So far today I have eaten breakfast, played computer games, showered, watched half a film (watched the rest yesterday with GrandDaughter1) and one and a half episodes of Call the Midwife, and eaten porridge for lunch. And two chocolate biscuits.

Wondering how long I can withstand the guilt that says I should do something useful. Or whether I can read this afternoon.

I am so determined to relax I'm not even wearing a bra.

Looking for a look after yourself cartoon I found one quote that said, "It's not your job to make everyone happy. It's your job to make you happy."

Whoever wrote that has obviously never met a Welsh mam, or any other mother come to that.


7 comments:

Boud said...

Or possibly any women at all!

One of my petcare clients used to announce her arrival home from work by tearing off her bra in the front hall as soon as the door shut behind her. You could always tell if Julia was there!

Marie Smith said...

He doesn’t know women, that’s for sure!

Ann said...

Every now and then you need days like that. I have the frequently on my days off.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy your day off! And yes, let The Girls run free too!

Kathy G said...

I hope you manage to make it through the whole day without doing anything of substance.

sparklingmerlot said...

Everything you have described is important.

Janie Junebug said...

I was so happy when I finished work today. The first thing I did was take off my bra. As you may know, I work at home, but sometimes I have to be on camera for meetings so I usually wear clothes and proper undergarments. Occasionally I work in my jammies, but with a bra underneath. It's the least I can do for those who must look at me.

Love,
Janie